Assessment, intervention advice and support in relation to psychological, educational and other needs arising in the cases of individual pupils, students and other adults. This includes Dyslexia, ADHD, Fragile-X Syndrome, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Dyspraxia and disability assessments as well as general learning and behaviour issues.
Samples of the range of areas we work within are shown below. Although we work closely with a number of schools and other education institutions as their educational psychology service, all of these services are available to other organisations and individuals.
- Examination Access Arrangements
- Individualised Education Plans
- Dyslexia, Autistic Spectrum Disorders (eg, Asperger’s Syndrome), ADHD and Dyspraxia
- Visual and Hearing impairment
- Reading and Mathematics difficulties
- Issues for School Boarders
- Issues in Further and Higher Education
- Child and adolescent behaviour
- Child and adolescent learning and development and behaviour
- Physical and Mental handicap
- Language difficulties
- Anxiety and stress
- Additional support needs
- Pre-school learning and development
- Intellectual development
- Motivation and study habits
- We assessed the educational difficulties faced by a secondary age school pupil with significant reading difficulties. Working closely with the school and the pupil and his parents, we were able to assist in developing a programme of learning which was specific to the pupil’s needs.
- Nursery staff and parents expressed concern about the seemingly slow development of a four-year-old girl. Again working closely with the staff and parents, we carried out a full child-developmental assessment and were able to help implement a programme designed to promote the girl’s progress.
- Each year we assess the eligibility of many adult students for examination and other support under the Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) scheme. We do this also for support in national school examinations under English (JCQ) and Scottish (SQA) guidance on eligibility.
- On behalf of employers we make assessments and give advice on helping employees who have difficulties (often to do with aspects of literacy).
Other services: Staff Development & Training Services to Management Expert Witness & Advice Training